A Brave Conversation about Race with Bryana Clover
Bryana's purpose is to ignite the power within others to make authentic change. That purpose has come to life SO powerfully in unique ways throughout her entrepreneurial journey. Enjoy this episode!
New episodes are published every other Thursday 🎙 Subscribe below to get notified!
From a young age, Bryana was aware of often being the only Black person in predominantly white communities. That didn’t change when she took on various marketing roles in the Agribusiness industry.
What it DID do was light a spark of passion within her to help organizations, places of worship, and individuals create brave spaces to have TOUGH CONVERSATIONS about race.
That led her to get her Master’s in Anti-racism in Urban Education with UNC Charlotte and found 1619 Consulting LLC to help organizations in the agribusiness space have tough discussions about race and inclusivity without causing harm or overwhelm.
Bryana’s purpose is to ignite the power within others to make authentic change and that purpose has come to life SO powerfully in unique ways throughout her entrepreneurial journey. Enjoy this episode!
In this episode, we talked about:
- 4:33 ~ How the past year for Bryana has been really “weird”
- 7:00 ~ Her journey from agribusiness to racial equity consulting
- 12:00 ~ How she’s navigated building a purposeful business
- 15:23 ~ Why she’s exploring how her anti-racism work can evolve
- 17:40 ~ Her 5-year vision to become a voice of credibility in agribusiness
- 20:39 ~ My question for Bryana about the privilege of being an entrepreneur + her answer
- 25:00 ~ Bry’s thoughts on speaking up even when it feels uncomfortable
- 28:19 ~ Her race equity 3-step framework: knowledge, introspection, and action
- 33:00 ~ Why Bry isn’t trying to change racism, she’s trying to change hearts
- 34:33 ~ What a “brave conversation about race” really is
- 43:25 ~ Rapid-fire question round!